I’ve been making this Creamy Red Lentil and Kale Soup for a while now, and it’s taken me a long time to get it to where I could finally say…perfect!
- 1 1/2 cup organic red lentils (uncooked)
- 2 3/4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounce can)
- 3 Small organic roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 Large organic onion (diced)
- 1 cup organic kale (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 - 2 pinch organic cayenne pepper
- Prepare veggies: dice onions and tomatoes and chop kale into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients (EXCEPT: chopped kale and coconut milk) into a medium-sized pot, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer (low/medium) and cover and cook for 30 - 40 minutes (or until the lentils are soft), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped kale and coconut milk, stir well.
- Add additional vegetable broth/pink himalayan salt/seasonings, if needed.
Tip #1: Make sure you use a can of “full-fat” coconut milk because that is what will make it extra creamy. I don’t think boxed or homemade coconut milk would give it the same texture.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
435 total views, 2 views today