This raw applesauce is super easy and quick to make. It is a tasty treat on its own and a great snack to add to kids lunch boxes. You can add it to other recipes and baked good like muffins, and it’s excellent as a baby food. Apples are very high in phytonutrients and contain many beneficial antioxidants.
Have your apple a day, and keep the doctor away!
- 5 organic apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- water if needed
- Wash and core the apples but leave the skin on as this is where most of the phytonutrients are.
- Roughly chop apples and place in either a high speed blender or a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice and a pinch of cinnamon if desired.
- Process until the apples become the consistency of apple sauce.
- If using a blender, you may need to add a little water to get things going.
- Store in glass jars and refrigerate.
This raw applesauce should last several days in the fridge.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
949 total views, 2 views today