I try to get as many nutrients in a snack in the most tasty way possible and these Raw Cacao Almond Balls are the perfect example. I came up with the idea to make these because they include some of the same ingredients I use for my smoothies, so I decided to use them to make balls instead.
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons organic maca powder
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons organic hemp oil (Nutiva brand)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the almonds are diced into small pieces and everything is well combined and in a paste-type consistency. Do not over-process the raw almonds, you want tiny chunks.
- Take a spoonful and roll in the palms of your hand in a ball shape.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat to keep them firm.
Tip #1: I don’t like my desserts very sweet so I only added 1 tablespoon of sweetener. If you prefer them a little sweeter, just add another tablespoon of the sweetener of your choice.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
310 total views, 1 views today