You can eat them plain, roll them in shredded organic coconut, roll them in almond flour, powdered sugar (not raw) or even put them in the dehydrator and they will be slightly hard on the outside and soft on the inside and be more like a lemon cookie.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup organic raw coconut flour
- 1 - 2 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 6 tablespoons organic liquid sweetener (maple syrup, coconut nectar, etc
- 1/4 cup organic lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (+ 1 tablespoon, melted/liquid)
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
- Add all the wet ingredients (EXCEPT the coconut oil) to a small bowl and stir together.
- Using an electric mixer, slowly add the wet ingredients (EXCEPT the coconut oil) to the dry ingredients until they are well combined.
- While the mixer is on, slowly add the melted/liquid coconut oil and mix until it is blended in.
- Take out about a spoonful at a time and roll them in the palms of your hand into a ball shape.
- Leave them plain or roll in shredded coconut flakes, raw cane sugar, or almond flour.
- Put them in the refrigerator to firm for about 15 - 30 minutes.
- Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature as the coconut oil melts.
Recipe lightly adapted from: http://www.addictedtoveggies.com/2011/10/coconut-lemon-meltaways.html
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
463 total views, 1 views today