Sour Apple Chips make great snacks, and are fairly easy to make. All you need is a dehydrator, some lemons, and of course, apples! Not only does the lemon juice make the apple chips sour, but it also stops them from browning too much.
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Core the apples. Using a mandolin, slice the apples into rings, about 1/4" thick.
- Put the water and lemon juice in a small bowl, and soak the apple rings in it for 5 minutes.
- Once the apple rings have soaked, lay them in a single layer on a teflex lined dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate them for 3 hours at 105 F/ 40 C, and remove the reflex from underneath the apple chips.
- Dehydrate for an additional 2-3 hours, or until the apple chips are crisp.
- Remove them from the dehydrator, and store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
419 total views, 1 views today