A simple salad that tastes as good as it looks. Root vegetables beet and carrot are used to give this salad a more earthy flavour. This trio of delicious and highly nutritious vegetables form a flavourful salad that is complimented with a basic oil dressing.
- 1 large beet
- 1 large carrot
- 4 cups baby spinach (or spinach roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Wash and dry the spinach, and put 1 cup of it into each serving bowl.
- Wash, peel, and thinly slice the beet and carrot. Distribute them evenly amongst the serving bowls.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top of the salad.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients, and whisk well. If the salad is going to be eaten immediately, drizzle it on top, and serve.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
273 total views, 3 views today