Popcorn is a quick and tasty snack, and you can make large quantities in no time at all. Popcorn is one of those snacks almost everyone likes, because who doesn’t like eating popcorn while watching a movie?
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp himalayan salt
- Put the avocado oil and about 5 popcorn kernels in a 10" pot, place a lid on top, and heat on medium/high heat.
- When the kernels have all popped, remove the pot from the heat.
- Remove the lid and carefully pour the remaining kernels. Place the lid back on the pot, and shake the pot so that all of the kernels are coated in the oil.
- After 30 seconds, put the pot back on the heat. When the kernels begin to pop, tilt the lid slightly so that the steam from the pot can escape. Gently shake the pot while the kernels are popping.
- When you no longer hear the kernels popping, turn the stove off, and carefully transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the salt on top of the popcorn, and toss well. Serve and enjoy!
- If you are making another batch of popcorn, very carefully wipe any excess oil/kernels out of the pot before doing so.
Please be careful when making stovetop popcorn, as the avocado oil does sometimes spit. I recommend that you wear oven mitts when making stovetop popcorn.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
198 total views, 1 views today