This Vegetable Rigatoni with Creamy Cauliflower Sauce started out as an experiment for a vegan macaroni and “cheese” dish for my boys, but ended up so much better than I had expected. It’s not a plain cauliflower sauce but a creamy cauliflower sauce with a “cheesy” flavor.
- 1 bag organic gluten-free rigatoni (16 ounce/1lb bag)
- 1 - 2 cup organic peas and carrots mixture
- 3 cups organic cauliflower
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 1 cup organic cashews
- 1 cup organic zucchini (peeled)
- 1 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic tumeric powder
- 1 - 2 pinch organic cayenne pepper powder
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Julienne about 1 cup of carrots, and mix in about 1 cup of peas.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a Vitamix or Blendtec Blender, and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Taste and if needed, make adjustments with pink himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, tumeric and nutritional yeast.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
255 total views, 1 views today