This delicious zesty lemon yogurt can be used as a standalone breakfast item, smoothie base, or parfait layer (everybody loves parfait!). It is a great vegan alternative to regular yogurt, and though it takes some time to make, the result is worth it.
Soak the cashews for 4 - 6 hours to deactivate enzyme inhibitors.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 large medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp probiotics
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large glass jar, and make sure that it is only about halfway full (divide the mixture between 2 jars if necessary).
- Cover the jar with cheesecloth, and secure in place with an elastic band.
- Leave the jar at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Put a lid on the jar, and refrigerate it for 12 hours.
- The yogurt can now be enjoyed! It can be stored in an airtight jar in a refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If the dates are not very soft, soak them in 1/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes to soften them.
Recipe Copyright © Naked Veggie Inc. and Respective Contributor
328 total views, 1 views today